Wednesday, February 7, 2007

HOORAY!!! MORE PAY FOR POLY GRADS!!! (Dar Dar)

Check this out everyone!!!
THe picture speaks for itself!!! It tells of a brighter future for poly graduates. Well, the increment in wages isn't that substantial but it's a sign that employers are more willing to fork out more to retain talent like poly grads in their workforce. Hmmm, but according to the report, the real winners are the optometrists, earning $3000 a month, which is about the top 2% of the total entire pie. As extracted from the report:

One such top earner is Ms Melissa
Tan, 20, who works as an optometrist at
Soong Choon Optics Connection.
“They offered me the position immediately
after my interview. I earn
more because I asked to work six days
a week. I would have gotten about $2,500
if I worked a five-day week, which is
what most of my coursemates are earning,”
said Ms Tan, who pursued an optometry
diploma at Singapore Polytechnic.
She's earning $3000 a month! Lucky gal!
Damn, should have taken up the eye doctor course. More parents these days are pressurizing their kids to read more and study more. Moreover, these kids are introduced to the computer at an early age. They will be internet and information addicts in the future. This will come at a price. Poor eyesights. More and more kids will be seeing the optometrists for eyesight correction. Potential big bucks. Spectacles and contact lenses for all. Or Lasik eye laser surgery.
Just my two cents!

No comments: