Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The long wait....for 59U !!!

I had a disappointed experience with the pittsburgh bus system on Friday afternoon. That is when i miss the sms bus in Singapore that has a short interval of 15 mins per bus. 59U is the bus that all cmu students will take, in order to travel to Waterfront - a place where we can find target shop, giant eagle (supermarket) and a number of good restaurants.


The journey to Waterfront is a long 30mins, as if not worse enough, 59U comes in interval of 30 mins. So travelling to Waterfront would be at least an hour as you would think. But you are wrong...on Friday, the 2 buses went passed us without stopping. We waited for more than 1 and a half hour for nothing!!!!! Can you believe it???

Well we are not stupid afterall. While waiting, we took some pictures:


Intersaction of Craig st and Forbes street where we were waiting for buses


Fortunately, we asked 2 china guys and they suggested that we travel to squirrel hill instead where they have another Giant Eagle. While that nite, I spent about a total of 120 USD.... arghh... scary.!!!!


Last night, our advisors brought us to "The Quiet Storm" an all vegetarian restuarant.

A nice experience, but the food does not really suit my preference: We took a picture with Randy and wife, and Steve. It just look like those cafe in america TV series....haaa finally able to see it for my own eyes.. this is so fun!!


Then, today we finally went to Waterfront finally and I spent close to another 100USD. I feel so broke now!!! sob...I bought electric kettles, fork and spoon...etc...and I finally found my boots..they have my size (will update the picture of it in my next posting) !!! yeah !!!! Then be carried all the bags up and back by bus:

Bags and bags of stuffs!!! haaa

No comments: