Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Singapore's largest ceiling fan and a $1.5 million dollar diamond Christmas tree (Dar Dar)

Wow!!!! It's amazing what you can find while you are rambling about Bugis while waiting for a CPU to be assembled at Slim Lim Square. I was summoned by my cousin to build a new CPU for the new year. He has a history of burning out CPU's with his incessant gaming habits. Hopefully, this new CPU would be able to withstand his path of destruction and obsessive gaming. Got quite a high rig assembled. Intel Core 2 Duo with GigaByte 965 MainBoard 1024 DDR2RAM NVdia 7600GT graphics card coupled with a whopping 320GB SATA HDD. To my dear cousin, the highlight of the day would be his new toy for the new year of 2007. For me, it was these two things that captured my attention.

As i said, i was rambling about in Bugis Village, trying to do some decent window shopping amongst the hores of constantly streaming people when to my utter amazement, i saw this huge ceiling fan above me. I just stood there for a few seconds to admire the god of all ceiling fans before a wave of people swept me off my stationary position and carried me off. However, in the seconds that i was stationary, i managed to whip out my N80 to capture this shot of it. WOW!!!








I dub thee, "Singapore largest ceiling fan". Please continue spinning to receive such an honorary title.




There was another star attraction at Bugis too. It was the magical diamond encrusted Christmas tree on proud display at Bugis Junction. I guess it's sort of an annual marketing gimmick devised by the local jewelleries in Singapore to show off their wares to the public. However, it was beautiful and noteworthy enough for me to mention it tonight in my blog. Hahaha. So, without further ado, i give you, the $1.5 million dollar Christmas tree!!! The angels in heaven must be missing one of their's this Christmas. Simply angelic!


No comments: